We offer several different electronic application methods that can be used to compliantly submit an application and record credit for the enrollment to the broker of record.
Personalized URL (PURL)
A PURL is a non-broker-assisted, online application tool where beneficiaries can self-enroll into their desired plan (if available) within your book of business. With this method, no Scope of Appointment (SOA) is required, unless benefits were discussed at all beforehand. The PURL is available/emailed to active certified brokers just 7-10 days after all certification requirements are successfully completed. A PURL is assigned to a broker using the following format for MAPD and PDP lines of business:
- Each broker has their own unique PURL www.wellcarerep.com/###### (NPN)
Brokers have the flexibility to market their PURL to Medicare beneficiaries via the following:
- Business card
By utilizing the PURL, beneficiaries have access to a plan compare tool that will provide an overview of each benefit available in their market. Once the plan selection is made, the beneficiary can continue with the online application.
After submission and processing, the broker will receive credit for the CMS-approved enrollment. Commissions will reflect on your statement in Centene Workbench through your Single Sign-On portal!
Note: Broker cannot complete the online application on behalf of the beneficiary or assist the beneficiary with completion of the application via the PURL.
The broker-assisted electronic applications are a secured, compliant method for enrolling a beneficiary in a plan. We offer three different electronic applications at no cost to the broker:
Ascend – Windows, iOS, and Android:
Ascend is a secure, encrypted, real-time cloud-enabled data platform that brings together all necessary tools for field sales agents to have meaningful engagements with prospective members.
There are many advantages to using Ascend:
- One platform for all plans we offer with the ability to compare plans
- Electronic Scope of Appointment
- Quick-Quote: a fast application tool that pre-fills
- RATE: A telephonic enrollment tool
- Recorded Meetings: Allows a call to be recorded and stored
- Blue Button integration with CMS
- Integrated and always up-to-date PCP search tool
- Automated Verification Capability: Medicaid, LIS, and Medicare verification integrated in app
- Ascend is our primary enrollment method
Access Ascend Real-Time Manager here! Once logged in, you can download the mobile app for iOS or Windows. For Android tablets, you can download it in the Google Play Store by searching “Ascend Virtual Sales Office”.
Download our helpful Ascend user guide!
Paper Application Submission
To ensure compliance, brokers must document a scope of appointment (SOA) prior to enrollment. Brokers are required to submit paper applications through one of the following methods:
- Centene Workbench – Upload Applications
- Fax both the paper SOA (if applicable) and application to the correct health plan fax number.
- Please refer to the Medicare Health Plan Reference Guide for a listing of our health plan fax numbers.